The unexpected mildly sweet crunch of apple is perfect agains smokey bacon and the bitter crunch of Brussels sprouts. Make this dish through step one today, if you like, and reheat it with the balsamic just before serving.
|Servings 8|| |
- 6 slices bacon chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium until nearly crisp. Add the apple, sprinkle with the thyme and salt, and cook until lightly browned on the underside, about 2 minutes. Stir, add the Brussels sprouts and cook until lightly browned on the underside, about 5 minutes.
- Just before serving (to reheat): Add the balsamic plus 3 tablespoons water, cover the pan and cook until the sprouts are crisp tender, about 5 more minutes.
Edward Magel says
Making this Saturday for sure. When we finally get around to Thanksgiving here… Sending Luv!!!!
Sarah Cummings says
Yummyyy! It excites me to try this new recipe.