If your Daddy is the Baddest (aka the goodest), and he likes things just a little sweet and a little spicy and a lot rich and meaty, then here you are. Cherry Poppin’ Ribs will pop his eyeballs out of their sockets, blow his socks right off his feet– and show him you appreciate all he has ever done.
|Servings 8|| |
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 5 pound rack pork spareribs, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (room temperature) cherry preserves
- Combine the sugar, cumin, salt, paprika and cayenne in a small bowl. Sprinkle the seasoning over the entire surface of the ribs.
- Light the grill for indirect low heat, about 300°
- Place the rack, bone side down, over indirect heat. Close the lid and grill for 1 hour. Brush both sides of the rack with half of the preserves. Continue grilling for 1 hour more.
- Brush the ribs with the remaining preserves and grill until, when you lift the rack at one end with tongs, it bends enough in the middle that the meat begins to tear easily, about 20-30 minutes more.
- Remove the meat from the grill and allow it to rest 5 minutes before cutting between the bones into individual ribs.
Nutrition per serving:
|392 calories||31g protein||17g carbohydrates||23g fat||8g saturated fat||564mg sodium|
Love me some ribs!
yeah baby ! yummmm