We built a kitchen, you and I. First, years ago: a place of stolen kisses when the children weren’t looking. We blinked, and our kitchen became their school, their land of life lessons: this is how grown-ups live and work and love… and kiss. They giggled when we kissed. Then it was time, and they left.
We built a new kitchen. We kissed here, blatantly and with flourish. We laughed, got pissy, created, and fed each other. I made you hummus. We made spiced nuts. You made me dinner (so many times!). I made you crazy and you made me laugh.
I made you mousse with your favorite ingredient from our wedding cake. You make me love.
|Servings 4|| |
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup heavy cream, divided
- cookies, chocolate shavings and/or berries for garnish (optional)
- Combine the Nutella, sour cream and 2 tablespoons of the cream in a medium bowl; beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth and well combined.
- Beat the remaining ½ cup cream in a second bowl to the firm peak stage. Scoop out about ¼ cup of the whipped cream and stir it into the chocolate mixture. Gently fold the remaining whipped cream into the chocolate until it is well combined. Spoon into four small bowls or ramekins and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- To serve, garnish each bowl with a cookie standing up in the mousse and/or strawberry slices if desired.
Nutrition per serving:
|359 calories||4g protein||24g carbohydrates||1g fiber||27g fat||14g saturated fat||34mg sodium|
i’m not a big nutella person
but i love the story and then photo.
Kristin H says
This made me tear! ❤️
Jill Silverman Hough says
Awwww! Happy Valentine’s Day, you two!!!
already in the fridge
Giovanna Mosconi says
Robin O says
A perfect Valentine that reflects the warm and special love of a married couple, in it together for the long haul! If you can build two kitchens and having children you can do anything 🙂
Melissa Gonzalez says
What a great picture! And a wonderful story. The kitchen is looking great 🙂 Looking forward to seeing what great recipes are going to be coming from it. Happy Valentine’s Day to you both.
Doing the recipe right now!
But… Ingredients state 1/4 cup cream, but preparation calls for 1/2 cup ??
Marge Perry says
Alex– the typo is fixed! So sorry about that, and thanks for letting me know!